Our Annual Trick or Treat Trot and Family Fun Festival is Saturday, October 29 at 9 a.m. at the Infinite Energy Center in Duluth. We are super excited to celebrate with as many families as possible. Hopefully, you don’t need that much cajoling to come run and have fun with us. But, if you do, here are 5 reasons why you should participate:
- It’s in a great location– Since Easter Seals North Georgia serves families in the 44 counties throughout metropolitan Atlanta and North Georgia, the Infinite Energy Center is a central location – right off of I-85. There will be lots of parking, too.
- The course is awesome – Well, it’s as awesome as a 5K can be. It is USATF certified and a Peachtree Road Race qualifier. We’ve got about two months until the race so we’ve got plenty of time to start or continue training. If you need help, check out the Couch to 5K program. It will get you well on your way to rock the race.
- Kids Run – After the 5K, kids can participate in their very own 1K run (a little more than 1/2 mile). It’s a great way to get some exercise in a fun way.
- Festival – After all the running, it’s time to continue the celebration. Kids will be able to bounce, throw, and craft their morning away. It’s also a perfect opportunity to meet Easter Seals families.
- Make the First Five Count – Every kilometer you run, walk, or skip will be dedicated to a developmental milestone. I wanted to call them kilometerstones, but as you can imagine that got nixed. I know you’re familiar with the milestones since you read last week’s blog post, right?!
Okay, so now that I’ve convinced you of why you should come run and party with us, click yourself right over to www.trickortreattrot.com and sign up. You can also form a team (get a $5 discount per participant) and raise money for our great early intervention and early education programs.
Can’t wait to see you out there!